Sunday, March 29, 2020

March Playlist | 2020



It's the end of March, and we've all been living in the twilight zone this month. I know the last thing you want to hear is yet another person on the internet talk about the pandemic, and what precautions we heed to take because let's be real - our minds are completely overtaken by all the news and changes happening hourly, and I want this to be an escape from all of that. I've had multiple conversations with my friends, I'm well aware of everything that's happening in the world right now, and I just want to take this time and focus on the things that made me smile this month because, honestly, I'd lose my mind otherwise. Music and TV Shows are the two most common forms of escapism right now, so I hope this playlist will make at least some of you happy for a couple of minutes.

Funnily enough, I've been listening to a lot of songs from this time last year, so the songs that have been on my spring playlists in 2019. I guess it's normal since I've spent most of my days reminiscing about how good life was to me then, and listening to those songs brought a smile to my face 9/10 times. But, not everything had a note of sadness this month, a lot of artists dropped albums so everybody had something to listen to (thank God!). Personally, I've been obsessed with Doja Cat and Childish Gambino, as well as the main man from the last playlist - Kaytranada. With that being said, here are my picks for the month of March:

Doja Cat has been my fave in March. I've had her music on my radar before, but this month it was all about Streets and Say So. Streets is my favourite of the two, maybe because I'll always prefer the slower, more tense songs over anything else. It has a really deep, rich beat that I'm completely in love with, and it really reminds me of old school R'n'B. Say So is the more fun, upbeat one of the two. This one is (not surprisingly) more popular but never the less, still really good. It just makes you want to dance and jump around, which is always welcomed in times like these.

The Kaytranada obsession continued into this month, this time with Glowed Up featuring Anderson .Paak. I read a comment that said "If aliens ever visit our planet we should receive them with this beat" and I cannot agree more. The synth beat in this track is out of this world (pun intended) and it makes this song stand out amongst the other songs on the album. And we all know I love a good beat switch (thank you Childish Gambino for that), soo it's safe to say that this song is a 10/10 from me.

And last but not least, Donald Glover aka Childish Gambino is back baby! I was so hyped when I saw that he dropped an album and it was probably the best moment so far in this quarantine. 03.15.20 is one of his coolest projects in my opinion, from the design (or should I say, lack thereof) to the whole vibe of the album. My personal favourites so far are Algorhythm and Time. Algorithm really gave me "Because the Internet" vibes and that theme continued into the start of the next track on the album which is Time. Time then slowly progresses into the tropical sound that became the foreshadowing of the album we got from his first release Feels Like Summer. Ariana Grande's subtle vocals just add a new dimension to the track which I love.

And that wraps up another playlist! To listen to the songs you can click on each individual title above or click HERE for the whole playlist on Youtube.




No comments:

Post a Comment