Friday, September 30, 2016

September Playlist | 2016


Hello!
It's the end of September so you guys know what that means! Playlist time, woohoo! But first,life update: I started college a few weeks ago and so far, so good. I'm studying English Language and Literature here in Skopje and I'm finding each subject interesting so far. I'm thinking about taking on another foreign language, one that I haven't studied before so we'll see where that takes us.
September is over and so many things happened this past month that I can't even. I went to a couple of fashion events and it was definitely strange as I went on a small "detox" these past few months. And now slowly we are getting back into the game with Skopje Fashion Weekend being scheduled for the end of October. Speaking of October, I know it's going to be an interesting month with different events happening, both on a personal and social level - but more on that next month!
The playlist today is a true mess. From pop hits to songs that you've never heard of before - it's all here.



Starting off with a song that you've probably heard of before, Tove Lo - Cool Girl. This song is one of those songs that are perfect for listening to when you're out and about, just you and your headphones (and you end up walking with the beat and you think that you're in the music video).

Ariana Grande, what are you doing to mee?! Every other song she puts out gets stuck in my head for days on end. Side to Side is no exception when it comes to this. The reason why I love this song is because (of course) Kyle Hanagami did a choreography and I was basically in love.

Going from one end of the spectrum to another, up next is Nature by The Citrus Clouds. With bands like these what annoys me is that there is little to no information online about the artist. They are relatively new and have just a couple of songs out. And you know me,I love supporting the small guys, so when I discover an artist that genuinely has good music but doesn't have a bigger following, I get all excited! Check them out, they are sooo good.

Another amazing song that no one has ever heard of - Nothing by Ji Nilsson (Clairmont Remix). The original is slower and a ballad, but I love the remix because It's uplifting and fun to listen to, even though the lyrics are a bit sad. But hey, If you need a new song to obsess over it's this one.

Learn To Fall by Hugh is a moody, beautiful song with an amazing melody. Hugh is also a relatively new band with a couple of songs out that I have yet to listen to. I discovered this song randomly one night on SoundCloud and was obsessed immediately.

The Weeknd released the first single Starboy from his upcoming album and I honestly don't know if I should feel sad or happy about this outcome. The song itself is an amazing song (just like every song The Weeknd has), but the message behind it and the video genuinely makes me sad. OG The Weeknd fans will know what I mean, ever since he blew up with Earned it and The Hills and his fame became international, his music will never be the same and he acknowledges that. The chorus & the whole video from beginning to end literally say that the old Abel is dead. So, this whole thing is bitter-sweet for me, but I guess that's what happens when a good artist is appreciated for his work.

So, just like the rest of the world I went to see Suicide Squad. And even though the reviews are mixed, I actually liked it. It was funny, it had action and the storyline was entertaining and kept me guessing what was going to happen next. The soundtrack on the other hand was adored by all, and I agree with that. The song that stood out to me was Gangsta by Kehlani (the acid bath scene was ICONIC). I love Kehlani's sound anyway, so I think that she was a perfect fit for this movie.

Huntar is back with Autumn, a moody electronic sound that will definitely make you want to press the replay button. I praised his music in the last playlist, and I will going to do the same again. His music has a distinct sound and I love that about him. Definitely a life goal to listen to him live!

And finally, we end this playlist with Snakehips & Zayn - Cruel. This is just the perfect, fun song to dance to. Sometimes your mood is "Learn To Fall" and sometimes it's "Cruel" haha, that's the best way to summarize this whole playlist.

Click HERE for the whole playlist aaand I will talk to you again next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment