Monday, August 3, 2015

July Playlist




So, July just passed and I honestly don't know where It went. The fact that summer break is almost over really freaks me out because I feel like it just started yesterday and I have so much that I want to do but I don't know If I will have the time?!
Ok, so this past month I spent most of my time on the beach and traveling, first going on vacation with my parents, then with my friends. Everything just happened so quickly, I need a moment haha.
About the songs that I have been loving and listening to, there were so many that I had to narrow down the list to the ones I liked the most and that was hard, let me tell you. In June I said that I didn't listen to that many songs and I guess I kind of made up for that in July.

So, without further or do, here is the playlist:

"Pain Goes Away" by the NYC-based duo Refs. I discovered this song whilst listening to random playlists on Hillydilly.com (this site is amazing for any music fanatics that love to discover new "not mainstream" music).This song will most probably be one of those songs that i will forever want to listen and never get tired of, it's that good. HillyDilly describes: "This is one of those tracks that combines Chet Faker levels of cool with a pop format that blows any R&B wannabe out of the water." and I couldn't agree more. Can't wait to see what Refs will come out with next.

When I first heard "Sober thoughts" i instantly thought of The Weeknd. This song is by J.O.Y. or Judgement of Yesterday and his sound is really similar to the one of The Weeknds. This kind of has me on the fence about whether I should listen to some more songs from this artist: Is he just a rip-off? Let me know what you think. But none the less, I enjoyed Sober Thoughts a lot.

Okay, so I was never on the Frank Ocean bandwagon, but I have been listening to "Swim Good" like crazy this past month. This song is just good, and sing-able and all around cool.

BANKS, my queen. In July,  "Change" was the song of choice. It has all of the good old BANKS trademarks - a slow, deep song with a catchy bridge/refrain and of course her amazing dark vocals.

Sooo, Years & Years RELEASED THE FRICKIN ALBUM AND I AM SO HAPPY! I decided to take the time whilst listening to the songs and give each song a special place in my heart and in my soul and on my playlist, okAY?! "Ties" was one of those songs that I waited and waited, being left with nothing but youtube recordings from live performances (story of my life, huh?). And then, it was released, and I was screaming with joy and was just a happy fan girl, the song was better than anything I ever expected. I have been listening to some more from their album, but tune in next month to find out what.

"More Than A Miracle" really is for me more than a miracle. This song is by MNEK (pronounced Em-En-Ee-Kay, just like his real surname Emenike, which I think Is just genius, one of the best stage names I have encountered) and I have seen his name floating around the webs but never took the time to listen to some of his songs, and I feel so stupid because they are too good. YOU MUST LISTEN TO THIS SONG, you will not regret it.

"You Were Right" by RUFUS is the perfect summer jam, by the beach or by the pool or on a roadtrip, it just makes you feel soo cool.

Okay, so in every playlist there must be at least one mainstream song that most of you know because it is so catchy and good. "You Know You Like It" by DJ Snake and AlunaGeorge is this months pick. I love this song, it makes you want to dance and sing and makes you happy, so screw everyone who says this song sucks.

If I can choose one song that would be the soundtrack to my life it would be "Milk" by The 1975. Not because of the lyrics or their meaning but just because of the tune of the song and how cool it makes you feel when you are listening to it.

"We Wont" by the lovely Jaymes Young (the singer of "Habits of my Heart") and Phoebe Ryan describes a dysfunctional relationship and breaking up with a catchy tune - I mean what more can one song need? This song is an easy listen that I would recommend hearing.


That is it folks, don't forget, click here to listen to the whole playlist on Youtube and you can of course click on each title to hear the song individually.
Until next month, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment