Thursday, August 27, 2015

August Playlist



Hello!
Had a very hard time putting together this monthly playlist, I think it was because writing it makes the fact that .August and summer break are officially over, so much more real. I honestly feel like I blinked and we are starting school again like it was June 10th yesterday! Oh man, when time flies this fast I can't not feel a bit scarred, you feel me?
Onto the actual playlist, this month there was a diversity in what I listened to, most of it was catchy pop-y tunes, and I don't mind. ALSO THE WEEKND JUST RELEASED HIS ALBUM WHAT! I have not been this excited in a while, with "Teen Wolf" ending like literally a couple of days ago I felt like everything was over and life had no meaning and then The Weeknd rescued me with his tunes.

The Baes Years & Years released their album at the end of June and I have yet to listen to the whole thing, but bare with me. So far, from what I have been able to listen to I absolutely loved two songs and they are "Gold" and "Border". Both very different, but very catchy. In "Border" in the beginning you get that "elevator music" feel, but not in a bad way. And as you listen to the song more and more you basically fall in love. And "Gold" is actual gold, when the line "I shiver on the one | I breathe for two" comes up, I am the one that is shivering, no lie.

The story behind "Ocean Drive" : I listened to it on Soundcloud, loved it, liked it (it automatically saves to a "Liked" playlist) and forgot about it. A couple of days ago, randomly listened to it and remembered why I liked it in the first place. It has this very #tbt retro 80s/90s feel to it, but with a futuristic touch.

"R.I.P. 2 My Youth" is one of those songs that just make you feel extra cool when you are walking around with your headphones in, it's basically #goals . Besides that, it is a really good song, recommending it highly.

So, even though technically "Beauty Behind the Madness" isn't officially out yet (at the time when I am writing this post), The Weeknd posted a 18 minute version of the whole album on his Soundcloud (another reason why I frickin love this website) and when I first heard "Acquainted" it stoke a chord with me and I have been listening to it non stop - dare I say it is my favorite from the whole album?!

Not sure if I have ever mentioned this, but "Latch" from Disclosure & Sam Smith is my favorite song of all time, and when I saw they collaborated again I thanked the gods. "Omen" has a very different feel than "Latch" but I like it even more for that reason, it shows me that when these two artists collaborate, the sky is the limit.

Warning: Sad song ahead. "Say Goodbye" came onto my HillyDilly shuffle and I was amazed by how beautiful it sounded. It is definitely the saddest of the bunch (the playlist) but that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to it.

Halsey's whole album is DA BOMB DOT COM! But the songs that came to my attention were "New Americana" and "Coming Down". Sadly, "Coming Down" is nowhere to be found on Youtube or anywhere, so if you want to have a listen you will have to download the whole album I suppose, not that that is such a bad thing. BUT, "New Americana" is available on the Tubes, so that is why this song gets the spotlight this month.

Ending things on the most mainstream of mainstreamed songs this summer: "How Deep Is Your Love". I gave in guys, my inner hipster was defeated and I sang and danced along to this summer hit and loved every second of it.

And that is it! Click HERE to check out the whole playlist, or click on the titles individually to hear the songs!







No comments:

Post a Comment